02 June 2008

OLD

When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up fast. I looked forward to my birthdays as it meant one year older (Note: the saying one year wiser does not apply to me). When I was a teenager and old enough to be cynical about the political environment in MALAYsia, I was dying to reach the age of 21 so that I will eligible to register as a voter. The day I turned 23, I waited impatiently for 8th March to cast my vote for the very first time. After that, I waited impatiently for the results to be announced... During those times, I wanted time to pass faster.

Lately, Dilys and I had been having a debate about turning 23. I've turned 23 3 months ago but I don't feel 23 yet because I'm in a denial mode.


Time passes by real fast NOW.
It's already the middle of 2008.
Exam's in less than 2 weeks time (and here I am in no motivation to study at all).

My days are numbered as I will soon transform into an an old lady wallowing in loneliness...

Recently, my personality has taken a change for the worst. I've become more pessimistic, doubtful of myself, cranky, irritable, impatient, angry, and prone to making scathing remarks. I have became more emo as seen by this piece of writing!!!!

In time to come, I will miss writing 2 as the first digit of my age.
I will miss being young, for soon I will be old.
It will be an occasion worthy of mourning.

No comments: