04 February 2008

I WANT

Just like Sze Shyang, I want to go traveling too. To be more specific, I want to go for an international stay over. However, I do not know when I will have that opportunity to go again as it all boils down to the finance and time since I am not financially independent yet….
I do want to go Hong Kong and China @the new economic powerhouse whose GDP has been surging (I guess Napoleon Bonaparte, the great 18th century French Emperor and military leader, was right when he predicted “when China awakes, the whole world will shake”) again (but not now). I do want to go to Shanghai again. I miss the night view of the futuristic skyscrapers of the Pudong business district.

If I ever go to Shanghai again, I hope to be able to go window shopping (because I don't think I can afford to patronize any stores there) at the ‘Three on the Bund’ @ 外滩三号, which has been touted as one of the best places to see in the new China by Time magazine in 2005. Three on the Bund is actually a renovated 1916 building situated along the renowned Shanghai waterfront. Address: 3, Zhong Shan Dong Yi Road, Shanghai 200002, China. It houses four of the cosmopolitan city’s top eateries, art gallery, an Evian spa, an Armani flagship store and other stores such as Ann Demeulemeester, Bottega Veneta, Vivienne Tam, Yves Saint Laurent, and more.

I want to visit the Great Wall of China again.

I do want to go to United Kingdom. I do like to experience life in London despite what some people say about London being a gloomy place during winter because of the unpredictable weather along with the depressing temperature, thus depriving most Londoners from enjoying what we deem as the natural cause of joy…. I do want to see Stonehenge.

Taken from Wikipedia 2008

Stonehenge has been named as one of the new 7 Wonders of The World on 7th July, 2007. It is located on Salisbury Plain, about three kilometres west of the town of Amesbury, Wiltshire, in Southern England (about 137 kilometres southwest of London). It is actually the ruins of a Megalithic monument that was built by men more than 4,000 years ago using earth, timber and stones. Why they decided to build Stonehenge remains a mystery, though there are theories ranging from religion to astronomy. I want to see the concentric rings of stones surrounding a horseshoe of upright stones and a solitary vertical stone with my own eyes. I want to see the Sarsen stones that form the outer ring and the bluestones that form the inner ring. The Sarsen stones were believed to be brought to the site from the Marlborough Downs, about 30 kilometres to the north of Stonehenge while the bluestones were believed to have come from the Preseli Mountains in southwest Wales, about 385 kilometres away from the site. I want to see the Trilithon Horseshoe too.

If I (ever) have a chance to go England, I want to go Lincolnshire. Lincolnshire is a county in the east of England that borders Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Rutland, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, South Yorkshire, the East Riding of Yorkshire, and Northamptonshire. It is a town full of history dating back to the Roman and the medieval era. It is actually a city above a city because medieval era buildings were built onto the Roman buildings and structures. I want to visit Lincoln Cathedral which is one of the finest medieval buildings in Europe, and Lincoln Castle which was constructed by William the Conqueror in the 11th Century.

Lincolnshire Castle

Before I grow old, I want to go to Blarney in the south of Ireland, located 8km northwest from Cork, Republic of Ireland, to kiss the Blarney Stone, the legendary Stone of Eloquence, located at the top of the tower at Blarney Castle. According to legend, kissing the stone endows the kisser with the gift of gab.

Blarney Castle (Taken from Blarney Castle 2006)

In short, I WANT TO TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD…. Meanwhile, I shall be contented with the view of Stonehenge as my desktop background.

No comments: