29 January 2008

And I wonder who the culprit is???

My mum bought a shirt for me from Phuket last year. I have not worn it yet as I thought of using it during CNY as a casual wear (of course not on the 1st day!!!). So the shirt was always in my cupboard. Last Thursday, as I was trying on my 1st day outfit, I discovered that the shirt was missing. I took every stack of clothing out from the cupboard and ransacked every pile but alas, I could not find it. I informed my mum immediately about my missing shirt and together, we ransacked my cupboard once more. Still, I could not find my shirt. Who could have taken my shirt??

The next day, my mum asked the part-time cleaner (thereafter referred to as “The Train”- a nickname given to the cleaner by my sis and I. Ok, I know that I’m mean…) if she had seen my shirt and as usual, “The Train” blatantly denied it saying that I was the one who arranged my clothes in the cupboard. So my mum told her a “brilliant” story that my shirt is a brand new shirt that has been “blessed” by the temple medium in Thailand. Thus, any unauthorised persons having my shirt would be very unlucky because the shirt is not meant for them. (My mum is SO creative!)

On Saturday, 26/1/2008, I left the house at 8am to have breakfast with my dad before heading to college (at Kuching Eye Hill Road) for YEC’s first Coffee Chat session. By the time I got home, it was already 1:45pm and “The Train” had left. I went straight to my room, opened my cupboard, and lo and behold, my shirt was there (in the stack of my “going-out” shirts)!

And I wonder why it wasn’t there on last Thursday and Friday???

PS: “The Train” has 5 split unit air-cons in her intermediate single story terrace house and her husband drives a Toyota Camry.

Oh, my beloved shirt! Where did thy go last week???

No comments: