22 April 2009

The madness hath set in

I actually had some inspiration to write furiously. However, when I suddenly think of another point and put that in my memory cache (so I can type it when I am done with this sentence, when out of nowhere - *beep beep* 1 message received! Sh*t, lost it.

I picked up my hp, only to find that it is a former college mate with whom I have had innumerable text-message conversations for the past few days: "Can I call u at 8:30pm?; "Going out now. I call u tomorrow?"; "Call u in the afternoon, I'm in college."; "Can't call u later. Still in college. I call u when I'm free." ad infinitum. (But she will always manage to call me, one way or another, because the final message she sent me was 10 minutes ago, "I call u later."
It is one of those times when everything goes not-quite-wrong-but-not-quite-right-either. Suddenly you receive sms from friends that only look for you when they are in dire need of help in their assignments. How irritating. So much for Friends. Okay, I am not being selfish but these people are those you can do without and
things become worst when they expect F.O.C consultation from you and at the same time, complete the rest of their assignment for them. As I am going on a frugality drive now due to a shortage of funds, I am not that generous to waste my credit sms-ing my suggestions to these people and calling them up when I'm free to give them my answer. I find myself brought to the point where I just bury my head in my hands, torn between a desire to cry and an overwhelming urge to clutch my hair and scream. And instead of doing either, I always end up taking a deep breath, reminding myself that lots of people are patient with me too and giving free assignment consultation (and they are also so nice that you feel guilty for being discouraged)!!
Neways, these friends of mine are those students that are not obsessed with obtaining a Distinction. A pass would render them the happiest people on Earth. Sad, ain't it to see how complacent they are...
Not that I was obsessed with obtaining 4.0 last time, because if I was, I could have probably gain admission into one of those Ivy League, Russell Group or other top notch universities on a scholarship and I would not be pursuing some art-sy course, as some may call it, but a professional field. And I would not have to be one of the lesser ones amongst us who have to work for the richer (business-owning) ones. But Thank God it is a 9 to 5 job, not some back-breaking Biblical toil and labour.

The most depressing kind of people are the ones who always seem too good to be true.
Are people with flaws easier to leave with?
Catch no ball?
Forgive me, for the madness hath set in.
But don't worry, I will get out of this existentialist despair soon for the polar opposite of me- personality wise is showing itself.

No comments: