11 April 2009

Epiphany

I'm tired but awake at this godly hour.

Might have been the waking up very early in the morning and coming home late in the evening.

Might have been the heavy morning traffic.

Might have the complete lack of motivation to get my ass to the office..

Might have been the fact that I dread walking up the stairs to the office, since I only have a few more seconds to force myself to leave behind their personal problems before reaching the doors into a room where my responsibility as an employee has to come first.

Might have been the fact that you know that what the boss says, "Love your company and your job" is total bullshit.. Heck, there is more in life than work (and this certainly does not include drinking till you get all tipsy and drunk at least once a week).

Might have been the fact that my reporting superior has sold her/his soul to the company so they think that success comes by working Hard towards those lofty goals. I think when you are not forced to work too much (and you are actually playing on level ground), you can actually work smart.

Might have been something to do with the fact that I hate Weekdays..

Might have been the fact that today's Friday and the weekend's here.. (PS: I had to work today.)

Wee...

And the point is that

I have no point at all.

Forgive me. That is why people make jokes and to try to talk about random stuff- to distract themselves about whatever is bothering them, both inside and outside the closed gates of work.

But the past few days have been better. Knowing that this Transitional Breed is moving on, I wake up and realise that soon I no longer give a shit about pretending or putting on this tough act..

No comments: