26 March 2009

Miserable? Not at all!

3 more days of holidays. Nice. Okay, it isn't holiday. It's 2 days of MC for me to have sufficient rest so that I can recover from my flu and the pain of raw wound in my mouth.
Okay, this week did not start off well. Wait a minute, none of my weeks in March start off well all thanks to my bitchy superior. I immensely hate her. I feel extremely victimized whenever she is being bias and putting pressure on me to deliver, which is often, mainly because it’s been done to me before in a huge blowup of events not too long ago. In fact, I daresay that she is not fit to be a superior at all because ever since the day she took over the reins to supervise me, she has been employing tasteless tactics to piss me off every single work day. It became so bad that I spent many a day agonizing about this and often wondered if I should continue remain with this company until the end of April. I think I will settle on preserving the hardship..
The pathogens from the office decided that I shall be their victim after attacking the boss and another colleague. My flu got worse yesterday, so I ended up with a hoarse voice and I felt like I'm drowning every time I breathe. At 10am, I had a headache and a fever which thankfully dissipated after I down half a Nasatab tablet (no nap cos I was at work). It felt unproductive to be sick: you don't feel like doing anything except sleeping. When I woke up this morning, I thought of calling in sick. Thank God I did not change my mind, and it was a good choice! My bottom left wisdom tooth started aching yesterday and the gums were swollen last night after dinner. Since I made up my mind to call in sick, I decided to pay a visit to the dentist after seeing a GP for my flu and fever, only to find out that that wisdom tooth was impacted. So under the dentist's advice to remove it, I underwent a minor surgery to remove it.
It's hell being having pain in your mouth and flu at the same time. You do not feel like eating but you know you gotta eat before you can take your medication. Anyway, I drank porridge water for dinner and swallowed 1 ibuprofen in between to get rid of the pain that does not seem to disappear completely with paracetemol 650mg. The ibuprofen has not worn off yet so it's not painful now, though I'm having this eeky feeling in my mouth when my tongue touches that part of my gums. Beisdes that, I feel the stitches pull slightly on my gums when I open my mouth to talk.The local anesthesia was a little disconcerting. I like that I could not feel pain when the dentist cut open my gums though I felt bearable pain when he used some apparatus to dig out that impacted wisdom tooth of mine. However I hated the numbness that spread to half my lips. It was like having half my mouth paralysed. Two hous later, the local anesthesia slowly wore off and the pain kicked in. My lower left jaw was throbbing with a dull pain! I swallowed a paracetemol 650mg and Amoxycillin 25mg. I was crying for 15 minutes until the effect set in and I was knocked out soon after.

PS: Amoxycillin is an antibiotic. Please inform your doctor before hand if you are allergic to Penicillin as Amoxycillin belongs to the Penicillin group.
Okay, I know I have made myself sound miserable. Yes, I am miserable though all miseries disappear knowing that I do not have to go to work tomorrow and face that bitch.
Just remind me to call her up before 8:30am tomorrow to say that I'm still sick.


I'm Out. Off to dreamland.

No comments: