20 March 2009

Burnt out

Okay, as expected, I do owe everyone some sort of explanation for my prolonged absence and putting this blog into a self-induced coma.

I'm tired. I apologize for the delay. However, I have decided to delay no more for..

It’s Friday 11PM! TGI Friday! Tomorrow's Saturday!
The moment I clocked out of the office at 6:30pm after the meeting, I felt like I wanted to crumble, but it’s a GOOD feeling - a lot more comforting than having to hold myself upright when I’m tired.
I think I’m burnt out.
I’m burnt out from waking up extremely early from Mondays to Fridays.
I’m burnt out from the hustle and bustle of the corporate world bubble.
I'm burnt out from the endless pressure that drown me by my superior to meet the target (But Praise God for His grace is helping me exceed my superior's expectations for this week).
I'm burnt out from trying to stay away and remain as quiet as ever so as not to land myself in the office politics that exist in that small company.
I'm burnt out from constantly having to open myself up to other people’s piercing judgments in order to take a step forward.
I suppose I’m simply burnt out from work life, which is simply unbelievable, because I’m only in my first month, and should be a lot more resilient than this. But this fatigue hangs off my shoulders. It clutches at my throat. It peels my skin back layer by layer. At the end of the day, I go to work, waiting anxiously for 6p.m. to go back to what seem my sanctuary. I'm burnt out to the extent that I have found a liking to sit in the office's toilet in solitude. Not that the toilet is 5 star rating or what (it is barely one star), but being able to ease myself in the toilet to escape from a few minutes of work is simply satisfying. Those times of quiet, those quality times, are really so much better than the constant frustration that gripes me as soon as I sit down at my work desk.


But it's Friday evening. It's back to the civilized world, a world of liberty and peace, and rest.

Oh YES
.
... i do not have to wake up early for the next two days!

My bed and my pillow happens to be beckoning to me now.

One advice here: Don't work if you don't have to!! DON'T.

No comments: