12 November 2008

I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me

I'm supposed to be mugging at this moment but thanks to AirAsia and their brilliant free seats and "no fuel surcharge" promotion, Mum has been pestering me to help her find a "cheap" ticket to West Malaysia. So right after lunch, I went online to help her find a "cheap" ticket that fulfills all her requirements.... and AirAsia's website is taking super LONG to upload. BTW, please note that admin fee + insurance surcharge is RM22.50. Can anyone tell me what AirAsia's admin fee include, besides giving us our boarding pass?
Anyways, two papers down. One more to go. My last paper (MKT2012)'s tomorrow.
Sheer HAPPINESS. Tomorrow I'm going to breech through the last wall to FREEDOM!!! Soon I'm going to have good days too, to counter those tense and stressful moments...
Oh yeah, I can't wait till tomorrow. It's been a torturing three weeks studying
in the wee hours of the morning, reading through those burgeoning stacks of papers and books. Being obsessively occupied with the notes and stress was NOT at all FuN.. But the finishing line is nearly there.. Yay-ness.
My first two papers were pretty okay, I should say. Well, it has to be okay or you have to make it sound okay if you have your lecturers entering the exam hall to have a glance of that blue paper sent all the way from Australia and coming up to you after the exams with the first question coming out from their mouths, "how was it?". and not to mention the extent of calling or sms-ing you one hour of your short-lived freedom because they didn't get to see their outputs after the paper. Yup, I'm indeed blessed with such caring lecturers, at least towards yours truly :)
Exam was okay. Thank God. At least I could answer more than half of the essay questions, though I can't guarantee a really high mark like 9/10 or 8/10. And yeah, I screwed up Question 6 of MKT2004 by getting two questions wrong. Oh well, I'd have to settle for 8/10 for that question and probably a 4/10 for another essay because I did not read up on that part. This is what you get if when you have too many things to study (practically the whole textbook) and not enough time. It's time to spot questions, hence the risk to take.
"Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted, but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles;they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:30 - 31)
Thus, I humbly say with confidence that
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)". Product of St Mary's. This phrase has not left my head ever since I heard it in Form 1, C.M.
While my course mates are probably mugging their way through the textbook and memorising every single thing, I find it pointless to actually memorise for the sake of exams. Memorising will not make us any better, except academically and that's it. I don't think it will bring you very far in life, unless you become Tony Buzan the second... So it is worthwhile to memorise all the concepts for the sake of exams? Will it serve any purpose in future? I mean, how many of us have the same brand capacity as Tony Buzan? May be everyone, except me. So yeah, if any "memory powress" are offended by my annoying habit of stereotyping or making extremely hasty assumptions and generalizations about the population to bolster my self-image (as some may say).
Anyway, it's time to bring Bobby to out to answer his call of nature before I start my final round revision for the-Morrow's paper.When is my brain going to reboot?
Good luck to all having their exams. Together, we shall beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

No comments: