17 August 2008

Oh-wimp-picks

MR. LEE, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU??

How come you got demoralized so soon?

With Lin Dan's aggressive style of playing and Mr Lee's all-round defensive style, I expected this match to be one hell of a match since the gold medal is at stake. RM1,000,000 out there waiting for Mr Lee. I expected smashes that break rackets and unbelievable dives to save the shots...

However these are all expectations. Just like how I expected Josiah Ng to enter the kierin finals.

Perceived performance was below par. Mr. Lee made too many unforced errors. 21-12, 21-8 in 39 minutes :(

Well, maybe Lin Dan was just too good for Mr. Lee. Maybe Mr. Lee was too complacent- that's what my parent's says. Maybe it's just not his day today as most of his shots weren't accurate. But Lin Dan had the home crowd advantage too. Ah, whatever it is, at least he went into the finals so it's quite an achievement.... CONGRATULATIONS, anyways. Good job. At least Mr Lee helped put Malaysia on the medal tally- 1 Silver :)

CRAP, I better get back to work for I have spent far too long minding how Mr Lee played when I could have used this energy on "marketing" my recommendations. Application of Service Gaps model and ServQual model, how??

However, life has been generally dull. It's hard to gather the will to complete your assignments when you've being distracted by grander plans on the horizon such as watching the Olympics- y'know like watching Michael Phelps winning his 8th gold medal before getting myself over!!! The hardest part to telling myself to just settle down and be patient for the finishing line is nearly there.

Recently, I just realised that my behaviour has been a tad hypocritical. I've been advising people to have passion in whatever we are doing when I, myself, am unable to fling open the doors to my own heart and embrace my love for my subjects for all that it is.

And it does not help a single bit as my assignment due dates are in two weeks time (and one more on the 5th of Sept. *phew*). However, as the day moves closer, the pressure is mounting, and I’m beginning to lose the coherent flow of my thoughts...

No comments: