31 August 2008

Happy Birthday, Malaya

Happy 51st Birthday, Malaya. Yup, that's right. I'm wishing Malaya a happy birthday, not Malaysia. Malaysia's birthday's coming up- 16th Sept. See, I remembered what I learned in Sejarah Malaysia back in Form 5.
I love Malaysia. I'm proud to be a Malaysian. I was born here and I flourished(??) here. But that does not mean that I love the fascist those-who-governs-the-country. It does not mean that I am in all for the oppression of minority shareholders’ rights because I am NOT.
So why do I love Malaysia?
Easy. Malaysia is ruled by a supreme government who has developed my interest in the concept of human rights and of what is fair and reasonabl
e.
....
Now don't say that I am not apathetic about the direction our nation is headed.
I'm part of the generation of change so I'm rising up and grabbing the mantle.
But first, I've got to continue on with my MKT3007 assignment 1. Can I do a case study about our current political situation in Malaysia, instead of the Steinway: Buying a Legend case study??? Please..... Assignments bores me.
Okay, I bashfully admit that I fall into the category of those-who-wants-change-but-wants-someone-else-to-effect-the-change-for-us. (for the time being).
Sorry, freedom fighters.

No comments: