15 May 2008

Happy Teachers' Day and Happy Lecturers' Day (16 May)

I had the inspiration to compose this after reading a heart-warming story here. It touched my heart somehow.............Don't worry, I'm not going to write some mushy thank you message or what because I'm not an "apple polisher" (If you want me to polish the teacher's apples, I will just buy him/her a can of Brasso, some cotton wool and maybe a few Washington Reds or Granny Smiths so that he/she can polish his/her own apples until kawkaw- as shiny as he/she wants too [provided Brasso works on apples!]), neither am I going to composed a poem on how I was a 'sorely deprived and abandoned kid who grew up in the back alleys of Timbuktu with apes, sewage rats, cockroaches and stray anjing jalans before I ran and swam across borders until I reached an island called Borneo in the continent of Asia. It was in a city called Cat in Hornbill Earth state, one of the states in Borneo, where I met a God-sent angelic human being couple: my parents who accepted me for who I am: my ape-like looks and uncivilised behaviour as I am a bipedal primate belonging to the mammalian species homosapien in the family Hominidae@the great apes, and was raised by animals during my childhood days. My Malaysian parents sponsored my plastic surgery, liposuction sessions and a couple of botox injections to make me look more like a human being. After I looked more normal, they sent me to a place called school, NOT zoo, where I met several other God-sent angels called "teachers" who enlightened me on the journey to knowledge. If it wasn't for these God-sent angels called teachers, I would not be able to read, write, count, and speak proper human languages i.e. English and BM until today...' -creative writing: 10.5/10 .neh, I'm just doing my teachers justice... trying to be noble mah...KJ has changed for the better, you see. She has regretted for despising her teachers and lecturers and she's now repenting.

In appreciation of every teachers and lecturers' tireless effort and dedication given to enrich my otherwise empty mind, I would like to say THANK YOU for you have all made a difference in my life (and in others too). I may not say THANK YOU always. But, whenever I say it, I mean it. Thank You for all the things you have done for me (and us in general). -and I mean it.

To my wonderful teachers and lecturer(s) who have taught me or is currently educating me:

When I'm baffled by the process of cold fusion,
You are the source to clear my confusion.
You are one of the reasons for my past (and hopefully coming) success,
because you made sure what i know was proper justifications, and applications of theories, not just guess.
The help i needed to stand tall,
the spirit that says you gave your all,
For you taught me with patience and dedication,
not merely out of employment.
So on 16th of May
,
i'd like to say,
Happy Lecturer's Day.
To (all) my wonderful and super
creatures lecturer(s)
-A lame poem composed by KJ
in the midst of editing her Leadership essay..

From this day on, I am not going to lament that I'm broke because I had to buy you something... The gift is just a gesture of appreciation, but I know that your dedication is worth far more than this lame poem, words and money spent....BTW, A million apologies for those times when I was inattentive and for contributing to noise pollution in class.

"Teachers affect eternity; they can never tell where their influence stops," -Henry Adam-

No comments: