26 May 2008

BENAR: Walk for Media Freedom

Prelude: Okay, I'm alive. I survived the stampede of my MR assignment 2 (Praise God), leaving me too fatigue to start my preparation for my quiz this Friday. Ah, I shall start my revision tomorrow.. Got to relax first. Many thanks to my partner-in-crime: Alester for the usage of your printer, paper and etc; my trusty Acer laptop for enabling me to do my assignments on you; my old but reliable Proton for being my source of transportation to get me to SCS and back; Yee Chee for letting me leave the orientation right after I have said a few words about the Club on Saturday; my MR lecturer at SCS: Ms Sharifah, for pitying us and letting us continue on with our assignment during tutorial sessions; Mr. Alan for letting me leave the club matters aside until I was done with my assignment and have recuperated from it (which I do not when will that be. BTW, sorry for being kinda inattentive during the second last class and last class of CB. MR assignment 2 ate my brain cells up and I'm in the process of getting my brain cells back but in vain attempt); Dad for just being there; and not forgetting, to all my MR course mates, SCS's Head of Academic: Ms Grace, SCS's PR manager: Mr. Joseph, Keith, and Dilys for your words of encouragement....May God bless all of you.. (No thanks to the two club committee who ironically had something on at the same time and the same day despite the fact that I informed both of you two weeks before hand. To make things worst, you had the guts to inform you that you weren't free 4 days before.. WTF!! Hmmm, I wonder what was your thing???)


For further info, visit this site.

BENAR is a civil society initiative established to address the state of journalism in our beloved country and restore Truth in Reporting. They will be organizing a walk for us Malaysians on Sunday, 1st June 2008, at Dataran Merdeka, Kuala Lumpur at 9am, to show our desire for Media Freedom.

There will be NO PUBLIC GATHERING as participants are being asked to arrive on their own and show their respect to the National Flag at Dataran Merdeka before proceeding to the National Press Club which is just around the corner. Those who wish to do so are invited to wear something yellow as a reflection that this is a People’s Activity. Key note address will be delivered by Law Minister, YB Datuk Zaid Ibrahim.

For more information, feel free to visit the BENAR site here.

Media freedom is for the general public too, not only for media or the press.

So JOIN THE WALK.

Towards a BETTER Malaysia.

Thank you.

Posted by the ethnocentric KJ,
who unfortunately can't join the walk despite the fact that it's going to be a long weekend for Sarawakians (Happy Gawai, people!!) as she is across the South China Sea. No doubt AirAsia and MAS are offering cheap fares but she still can't go either because she's got to prepare for her Leadership quiz due on the 8th June followed by her exams in mid-June.
PS: When will there be a Walk for Media Freedom in Kuching??

2 comments:

kEiTh said...

Hey K@ Joy ...

Glad to hear from you that you overcame everything and completed your assignments. Looks like you will have busy weeks ahead with quizzes and exams, although it is holiday now. Kinda miss school time, where holiday means seriously holiday cukup-cukup. How about you be the organise for Walk for Media Freedom in Kuching? I will be the first person to enroll!!

ChEeRs :)

kj said...

Thanks. Completing assignments actually means end-of-the-semester= EXAMS are near. Yup, I miss our year-end holidays the most. Those were the days... But we should be looking forward, right? Take care and God bless.