17 April 2008

Fiction: RMx36_7o

Foreword: truth will prevail and justice will be done. This is a fiction story that is written based on a real-life situation but with some creative(?) elements added in it in an attempt to bring vagueness to an entirely new level.


Special Agent
A is my reporting superior. He had brought me to see beyond the realm of science, to believe what I once thought was totally impossible. Over the months of being under him, I had grown to respect him, his judgments on certain things, and his absurd theories.

RMx36_7o is a young, mysterious and intense partner of mine who went missing two months ago. Special Agent A then assigned me a me to a new partner called Cr3a71v3 8C2oUn71n9 to replace RMx36_7o. I strongly objected the idea for I knew of no one who deserved to undertake such an important role. I voiced to Special Agent A the possibilities that RMx36_7o might still be out there stalking the dead. Being an open-minded person, Special Agent A found my statement plausible indeed because after all, RMx36_7o’s body has not been found. There was complete emptiness, not even the remains of the rumoured alien skeletons….

I was determined to find RMx36_7o. Special Agent A and I listed down many plausible theories for RMx36_7o’s mysterious disappearance: alien abduction, mysterious rescuer, spontaneous human combustion, RMx36_7o ala David Copperfield the 2ndor could RMx36_7o be an abnormal mortal who went through the two phases of death ie somatic death (the cessation of the vital process) and molecular death (the progressive disintegration of the body) simultaneously as soon as its heart ceased to function, coupled with rapid decomposition of its bones???

After many sleepless nights, hoping that RMx36_7o would just call from some place far away and assure me of its safety, I drifted in deep sleep one night and dreamt of RMx36-7o. I was in the dense forest. From where I stood, I witnessed an extremely bright shimmering light about a few yards away. A shadow of a human emerged from among the darkness. I recognized the human immediately even though it was impossible to make out the face. It was RMx36_7o and it was calling out to me.

"xxxx, Special Agent A was right! They do exist! They are real!"

"RMx36_7o, what are you talking about?? Who are they you are referring to???"

Before RMx36_7o could reply, it vanished. I ran towards the source of light, but the light dimmed and was eventually swallowed by the menacing darkness again. I called out frantically for RMx36_7o but to no avail….

I woke up. I was sweating hard. It was all just a dream…...

I related my dream to Special Agent A the next morning, and it occurred to him that the dream might mean something; could RMx36_7o be abducted by aliens??? I found it illogical considering the fact that I never believed in extraterrestrials. However, at that moment, nothing was illogical anymore….

The next day, I conveniently forgot to switch on my phone as I was busy working on another case. During my break, I switched my phone on and the first sms received was from Special Agent A. RMx36_7o has been found. It was found lying motionless in the autopsy room that morning. No serious injuries but it was suffering from memory loss.

Being a fast learner, RMx36_7o was accepted back into the job immediately but the part of its mysterious disappearance and how it suddenly reappeared in the autopsy room was just gone, like it never happened…

Till today, the case of RMx36_7o's disappearance and discovery was never solved or explained. Agent RMx36_7o could not determine this incident due to its loss of memory from a brain injury…No one came forward to bear witness to how RMX36_7o suddenly appeared where it had been found. The authorities issued a letter to the Bureau to stop further investigation into this case. Thus, the case, coded X-RMx36_7o/2008, is officially declared closed.

But to me, Special Agent A solved yet another X-file...

-END OF STORY-

-Yesterday's problem was resolved completely by "Special Agent A" this morning-
*Bravo*

End note (19/4/2008)- My SPSS descriptive statistics output abnormality was solved by Special Agent S2 (outside contact hours). Well, she didn't have to reply my ranting email but she did, despite her packed schedule.....

-and it is in times like these when I wonder, though I
SOMETIMES think that my lecturers at SCS come from another galaxy, but if it weren't for them, WHERE WOULD I BE??

2 comments:

kEiTh said...

Hi KJ,
Another piece of interesting post from you. I really reading your writing; it creates a sense of curiosity for me to continue further reading! By the way, is this a real story or just a so called X-File? Haha :) Oh ya, where are you studying now? Which course are you taking? Have a great weekend ahead too ...
ChEeRs!

kj said...

Thanks Keith. It is actually a fake story but created based on my experience of something missing but was later found. I don't think aliens or UFOs took it.. hahaha..
I'm now doing an Australian degree programme in its partner institution in Kuching- SEGi College... Bachelor of Business majoring in Marketing, minor in Management and Leadership. Hopefully it's my final year...