16 April 2008

Deliriously happy....

You know how sometimes we struggle with issues that we once thought we have conquered??? Last Monday and today was one of those days. I wanted to scream my lungs out, or something of that sort... While in the midst of re-doing my CB assignment, I had to prepare all those secretarial and treasurer reports since everyone was un-contactable. Since it was due on 18/4/2008, I chucked my CB assignment aside and I finished the reports and I&E statement on Saturday. Good, all I needed was the approval of the adviser, then it's ready for submission to the upper echelons of the college's administration of student's clubs. So I thought I could get it done by yesterday... Bravo...

Then something went wrong along the way and I was stuck thinking about a mentally exhausting matter that has the potential of sapping every ounce of energy produced by cellular respiration in the mitochondria that is left within my body.... and the club's treasurer@ miss-know-it-all offered me some brilliant suggestions on how to resolve the problem but when asked to actually solve it, her answer was, "aiyoh, I cannot. The records are with you. If you want me to do, you need to send everything over to my house... but I can't get it done by 18th leh..., very busy working...."

-another NATO (no action, talk only) parable-
*KJ goes up in shrieks of laughter*

Just before lunch, I was trying to be smart again, wanting to portray myself as an ethical person. Unfortunately, being an illiterate person, I brilliantly told him that it was unethical to do something.... (note: that thing is actually ethical and legal). This spells for disaster... What I have learned in Business Ethics, Financial Accounting 2 and Financial Management have gone down the rafters (probably as a result of the constant dozing during lessons echelons....).....

I have to admit that I’m the kind who gives my all to the moment and then move on.....since I made up my mind that the completion of my CB assignment lies as my top priority, thus the unresolved club problem will remain unresolved until I have completed my CB assignment 101%.
Problem unresolved=late submission. Never mind, since I had asked for a dateline extension... but if I get into trouble, the rest of them will see themselves landing in deep shit together with me no matter how "busy" they are!!!!!

And as I was ranting about how unlucky I was, his reply reached my inbox, presented in such an understanding demeanour and immediately, the problem was resolved temporarily.... (Thank God). Like a true marketer and lecturer, he preached what he said: "consumer's perception is important to marketers because it is their reality."......

At that instant, I became deliriously happy (and still is because tonight's MR class has been canceled.).
Anyway, during CB lecture last night, I came up with several brilliant irrelevant answers to keep with my stupidity, leaving him worried that he has a mentally deranged student in the class shocked because my stupidity was (and is still) beyond disbelief.

Lecturer: anymore examples of emotions?
KJ: Suicidal.

Lecturer: What is cross-culture??
KJ: Pua chai.... you know those kids with mix blood -the half English, half Chinese people....
(and there was this blur look on his face - can't blame him cos my answer was obviously wrong and incorrigible. But I didn't do it on purpose. I really didn't know what cross culture was but I wanted to be pretend to be clever!!!)

Anyway, I'll need to wake up soon. And then reality will hit….My CB assignment is still uncompleted; leadership quiz 2 and CB quiz 3 are round the corner and they are clamouring for my attention. Leadership essay and MR assignment 2 will follow suit in no time…… and I don't understand the instructions given for SPSS- cleaning data. My descriptive statistics output looks so weird... I guess it's wrong then :( ......

*sigh*

why must good things end so soon????

Side note: According to YB Jeff Ooi, MP for Jelutong, people's supremacy (ketuanan rakyat) will bring about changes to the economy, education and political systems.... Towards a better Malaysia.....

No comments: