04 August 2008

Weaknesses

I'm laziness personified. It's official.
I am not doing my assignment which I should be doing at the moment. I'm a chronic procrastinator. And I ranked myself among the highest, for it is there I rightfully belonged. The procrastinator's prayer availed me naught. Cruel truth.
My command of the English language (as in Oxford English) has gone down the proverbial drain. I used to be able to pull witty neologisms from my butt crack but now I struggle to find a different way to describe anything. I can no longer string a proper sentence containing coherent and well-mediated thoughts together without losing its mojo under the burden of time constraints and the fear of someone finding out I’m whining like a petulant child instead of being a good little cogwheel playing my part in the national economy.
So my weaknesses has been revealed. What am I going to do about it?
Obvious answer. Continue my assignment, pay attention in class, answer all the discussion board questions, revision and ........*arrgh* I can't continue. My head hurts. In short, just do what I got to do to pass my assignments and exams. The fear of repeating the oh-so-cursed form of memory evaluation@ exams is indeed a much better motivator than fear of failure!!!!
Thus, I shall look forward now, with bright hope and the wind in my hair, to even tougher weeks ahead and even longer hours and even more responsibility that will push this weak slacker psyche to it's very limited limits.
Actually I'm blogging from Level 4 in college now, awaiting the club briefing to start at 10:30am. Just as I was about to click "publish post", Mr Adviser entered and I found out that I had "forgotten" to print out the application form for the Club project. Another proof that I have short memory; a true blue analogy of Dory!! Was I supposed to print it out in the first place??? I do not know and I seriously cannot recall any instructions to print it out though the club's head honchos said there was. All I remember was Mr Adviser saying that he will photocopy it. I do not recall him asking me to print out the form. So it's official that I'm in deep shit. Nevertheless, I just put on my Grammy award act and asked innocently whether I was supposed to print it out in the first place. Of course, I apologised for not listening to instructions with a bit of humour lurking in the depths. Thank God, I got out of the shit. Well, sort off, I guess as there was nothing anyone could do since the briefing was going to start in 15 minutes time. Whatever it is, Mr Adviser wasn't outrightly pleased or amused with my irresponsibility. I don't blame him either. I have failed to fulfill my responsibility. It's my fault. *sorry Sir* I am a klutz. It's official.
Anyway, I went for dinner last night and overheard this phrase from the man sitting at the next table, "An answer that is not understood by the receiving end is not an answer at all."

Hmm, imagine telling the teacher that!!!!
**
Okay, I gotta go now. The meeting has started. Maybe I'll just pretend to faint to spare myself the embarrassment of making a fool out of myself later or any further wrath of the head honchos. Haha.

Update: 5pm- I was attacked by Bobby, my parent's and my sister's new dog. I absolve myself of the responsibility of owning him. How did it happen? Bobby came back from the vet after being neutered this afternoon. Yup, he's going to remain a virgin for the rest of his entire life. He's never going to be able to enjoy the joys of fatherhood and this is the end of Bobby's generation of the crossbreed between a Spitz and our local breed. Apologies to Bobby's ancestors. In my humble opinion, Bobby does not fit the conventional mould of what it takes to be a cute dog. And this isn't your average friendly dog; he barks, and has sharp teeth. Sometimes he gets temperamental, especially towards me. Sometimes his most basic instincts take over and anything goes at that point. I've been "bitten" by him twice actually but the teeth never sank into my skin. Only teeth marks which disappeared after one hour.

I know Bobby was (and still is) in pain so I was stroking him, calming him down. He put his snout on my lap and gave me that sad look. When I went away, he made a whining sound as if he didn't want me to go. Oooh, he's so sweet (only today I mean. He's never that kind towards me). Five minutes later, mum went to see him and came back telling me that Bobby didn't look fine. So I went out to see Bobby. He was in pain. I squat down and patted him again to soothe him when suddenly, WAAM. Bobby pounced on me and scratched me. I panicked and quickly ran off, cleaned my wound and rushed to see Dr Chen for a jab. Ok, it's nothing serious cos he didn't bite me. It's just three cuts. No stitches needed or what. Thank God. So if you see a nice plaster on my right cheek, thank Bobby for that. It doesn't help that I'm going for class tonight and Dr's instructions is to cover the wound for a week. Oh well, maybe Bobby wanted to give me a love bite but he couldn't bite me so he resorted to that to leave a mark on my cheeks so that I will always remember Bobby's love for me... So that's it. I heart you too, Bobby.

Time to get ready for class. See you.

4 comments:

kEiTh said...

hey KJ,

Don't get too upset with your weakness. Maybe your ideas weren't around when you need them badly at that time. Chill out, take a deep breath, and start anew. Tiring body and mind will betray us with unproductive outcome.

By the way, I feel sorry for your cheek, your dog doesn't do it for purpose, I guess. Haha :) Was your dog that fierce all the while? Or it is you the one who always bully him? Hehe :)

Went back college this morning, the management said there will be new implementations in our courses of study, particularly in our licensing. There seem to be a lots of changes, but do changes are always for the good? I can see challenges and obstacles lying in front of the road. My only hope is that we are going into the correct direction. There are still many things that I need to do and catch up. Same go to you too ...

ChEeRs! :)

Young Entrepreneurs Club said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kj said...

Arrgh, wrong ID just now. A club can't possibly be typing those stuff. Obviously, I was multi-tasking (sending email and etc) and I didn't realise that I haven't signed out.

kj said...

Hey Keith,

I'm innocent. :) I think he is the one who always bully me. Well, that's what my dad says. Bobby didn't do it on purpose. Probably he was in pain and he wanted me to feel the pain too. Or maybe its Bobby's love bite. Hahaha. Do not be fooled by Bobby's innocent demeanour. He dislike strangers, barks at them but he's scared of the neighbour's cat!!! But my parents adore him no matter what because they say he's a wary dog, only lets most of his guard down when he's comfortable...

Changes. If changes are made for the better, then it's good. But the problem about changes is that sometimes the top management implements it without informing the bottom-line clearly so those front-liners (the one we customers face) are kinda blur and bureaucracy builds up. Referring here and there, thus wasting time. But in your case, if its about licensing, I guess it may be about stricter requirements on obtaining the license to enhance quality. If implemented properly, then it is for the better though we might find it difficult at first but once we are used to it (adaptation), then it should be just fine.

Thanks for your advice, pal. I will bear that in mind.

*Ah, I deleted the comment. Brethen*