06 March 2008

What have I achieved in life???

I have just turned 23 years old (okay…I know that I’m OLD)


My good friend, Tze Ai, smsed me yesterday saying “……..a year older, a year wiser.”

Unfortunately, I am not convinced about myself getting any wiser. In fact, I think I am getting dumber!!!!! If I am a product, I would have reached the decline stage or if not, the maturity stage (no increase in terms of sales, demand remain constant) of the Product Life Cycle. I am disappointed in myself because I’m now 23 years old, and I am still stuck the same way that I am.

I have been living in the shadow of my sister ever since young. She has always been the smarter and more talented one in academic, sports, music, art, literary, interpersonal and intrapersonal skills, and all the other skills (You name it, she’s got it). She’s wiser, more mature and much better at handling all the dilemmas in life. As for me, I have not achieved anything significant so far.

Most people at this age would have graduated with their degrees and entered the corporate working world. and KJ is still pursuing her degree, wondering if she can even graduate with one. [In the pursuit of wanting to graduate earlier/ finish faster, I cleverly agreed with the 3 subjects that were allocated to me. Thus, this semester’s workload will be enough to kill me and it would be a miracle if I am still mentally sane by the end of this semester…..…maybe I should reserve a place at the 7th Mile Hospital Sentosa first!!!!

In spite of me wanting to become a more successful person, I am still stuck in the same, bland mould. The erudition that I have gained from 3 years of kindergarten education, 6 years of primary education, 5 years of secondary education, 1 ¾ years of Form 6, and 2 ½ years of tertiary education was supposed to bring me to greater heights. Unfortunately, I am still the same person who lacks confidence ……..

So while I am still mentally sane since this is still the beginning of the semester, I will take this opportunity to cast my vote this Saturday (since I do not know whether I will still be eligible to vote during the next election because if I am not mistaken, those who are with unsound mind can’t vote.). All the political parties have extremely compelling manifestoes. The BN candidate for the Stampin constituency, Datuk Yong Khoon Seng, pledges to do his very best to bring more projects and development to the Stampin constituency, ensuring that the development brought by the BN government could reach every corner of the constituency (Borneo Post 2008, More Needs to be done for Stampin, says incumbent MP, 29th February, p. 2). However, do those value-laden words carry hidden examined assumptions?? Will Datuk Yong as well as the other two opposition candidates carry out their mandate faithfully if voted in, and not just make sweet empty promises?????

Hmmm, who shall I vote for??



Vote for PKR's candidate: Mr See Chee How??




Or DAP's candidate: Mr Voon Lee Shan


Or BN's candidate: Datuk Yong Khoon Seng???




Happy Voting to all Malaysians....

No comments: