24 March 2008

Mr. Great Physicist

Every ex-Thomian who was in SMK St. Thomas before year 2004 should know this man....

Picture taken from James punya blog. Thank you, u James...
I think this pic was taken before I knew this man. But I'm sure everyone who knows him will recognize him from his distinctive trademark.

The man in the picture above is none other than Mr Great Physicist, my ever-so-patient Physics teacher when I was in St Thom, Lower 6. Until today, I am convinced that he has no nerves at all, thanks, to his patient demeanour. No matter how "boisterous" were we while conducting experiments (as if the experiments involves our mouths or turning the lab into a fish market), no matter how busy we were entertaining ourselves behind while he was teaching in front, and no matter how many times we asked him to explain a certain concept (partly because our minds were in la-la land while he was teaching!!!!), he never told us that we were getting on his nerves or driving him up the wall. Yup, you can ask him to explain the same thing 10 times and he will fervently do so in his normal tone of voice without complaining and each time, he will be hoping that we will somehow grasp the concept just like Archimedes and exclaim "Eureka"....

Anyway, Mr G.P. @ Mr Great Physicist left St Thomas at the end of the 2003 academic year and it was then when my Physics went down the drain, just like St Thom's infamous SCFC who could not really regain their supremacy again unlike in their Golden Era days when "Franz Beckenbauer" was their team manager!!!!

As a gesture of appreciation to Mr GP, I presented him with a little gift via PosLaju (CIF) after my STPM Physics paper was over. And the gift was: all the physics knowledge he imparted to me when I was in Lower 6 including the ones I gained in Upper 6.......


1 comment:

kEiTh said...

Yeah, Mr GP is Mr Great Physics ... Hmmm, he was my Physics teacher also in my Form 4S1. He is really patient and dedicated, but people like us just take things too much for granted. I wander how is he doing now? Hope he is fine and may God bless him always!!