09 January 2008

Miss you Grandpa, Miss you Grandma

My paternal grandfather was a banker. He is a good mathematician and an animal-lover. My paternal grandmother, on the other hand, was a housewife with green fingers and a successful entrepreneur (in my point of view). Unfortunately, I have none of their traits...

Grandma passed away in 2002 after battling with cancer for more than four years. Unfortunately, I was not beside her during her last few days. In fact, I did not even attend her funeral because it happened while I was sitting for my monthly tests in school. Not wanting me to skip school since I was due to sit for my SPM exams in less than three months time, Grandpa insisted that I need not attend the funeral.

Grandpa just celebrated his 96th birthday last December. But today, Grandpa is very sick. He can no longer do his kung-fu exercise in the morning. Thinking about his condition makes me sad. I wish that there is something I can do... Get well soon, Grandpa.

I miss Grandpa and Grandma very much. I will always remember all the junk food that Grandpa would let me eat when I was a kid (much to the dismay of my dad!!) and the frog soup that Grandma would specially boil for me during my annual pilgrimage back to Sibu to visit them. May you rest in peace, Grandma.

Grandma's wish is to see all her grandchildren graduate with at least a degree and be successful in their respective fields/ career. Don't worry, Grandma, I will not let you down. No matter how difficult it is, I WILL GRADUATE with a Bachelor of Business (Majoring in Marketing) by the end of this year. I WILL PURSUE MY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES WITHOUT SACRIFICING THE MY PRINCIPLES OF LIFE. And when I enter the corporate world, I WILL STRIVE FOR SUCCESS IN MY UNDERTAKINGS WITHOUT COMPROMISING ON INTEGRITY.

No comments: