15 January 2008

Am I your secretary or what???

As a president of a club, it is part of my job scope to arrange for committee meetings.

Last week, I was entrusted with that responsibility once more, so after sending numerous emails and sms to my fellow committee members (and getting indecisive replies from them), I finally managed to set a "compromised" date and time. Thus, before going on compassionate leave last Friday, I smsed my fellow committee to inform them about the details of the next meeting. Everyone was fine with it except for one who replied "Ok.Remind again on d day.Thanks"

WHAT IS THIS??? Am I supposed to be his secretary too? The fact that I bothered to send the details via sms instead of email is already a very sacrificing thing to do (It cost money to sent those smses)... Can't he set a reminder on his handphone? Or maybe Nokia does not even have that function... But it can't be because even my archaic mono-coloured screen Nokia have that function. Or maybe he is just too stupid or "technology illiterate" to use that function...

Well, if that is part of a president's job scope to remind their members, then I might as well provide morning call service every morning to remind him to get up for class/ eat breakfast/ brush his teeth/ bath/ answer the call of nature....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha... pass that job to your secretary or VP lah.

kj said...

Wish to but I can't cos there is no VP or secretary. Secretarial work done on job rotation...
Well, being a "responsible" person, I did send an reminder sms to everyone the day before. That idiot (thereafter referred to as the devil's advocate) attended the meeting and said that he uses his hp as his organizer. So I asked him why he still needed me to remind him and he replied, "in case i forget".
WTF..